Trulite Glass & Aluminum Solutions
National manufacturing company saves nearly $500,000 with Edenred Pay's Global-Fleet.
Trulite’s company-owned fleet of 260+ semi-tractor trailers is relied upon daily for the national delivery of its manufactured goods. Previously, all fleet drivers (employees) carried their own fleet fuel cards. However, this made it difficult for the company to reconcile expenses or take advantage of negotiated discounts.
It became nearly impossible to track the volume of diesel fuel purchasing and verify that they received discounts.
As the Director of Transportation, Colleen Beattie, began recognizing that the reported fuel spend didn’t align with the expected discounts. She realized immediately that she was leaving money on the table. Colleen took action to resolve this problem and make Trulite’s fleet fuel program more efficient and cost effective.
The first step was to find the right service provider. After careful research, the transportation manager selected Edenred Pay and their global-fleet program. Edenred Pay understood the unique challenges of the large corporate fleet and could devise an ideal fuel program.
In less than a year, Trulite Glass & Aluminum Solutions’ results prove that a successful fleet fuel program has the potential to deliver far more than fuel discounts.
- Created a consistent fleet fuel card program for the 260+ vehicles.
- Actively negotiated retail minus discounts by working with global-fleet and national truck stop companies.
- Controlled fleet fuel spending through real-time purchasing controls and reporting.
- Implemented security features and spending parameters at the pump, restricting usage and tracking use of the program through PIN and odometer prompting.
- Leveraged the power of global-fleet’s fuel consortium and national discount network to accumulate over $58,000 in additional annual rebates.
- Performed fuel transaction studies through online analytic tools. This enabled the manager to visually map locations across the country that offered fuel savings and discounts and ensure that her drivers were using them to capture greater discounts.
- Adopted Edenred Pay’s additional ghost card product for driver toll payments. With the ghost card, all nationwide tolls are paid via the single credit card number for ease of management, reconciliation and assurance of complete control over authorized payments.
- Total annual savings for the year: $450,000.